Monday, August 11, 2008

Director Terrie Silverman Coming Back On Board



Hi all. I'm excited to say that my director, Terrie Silverman, was happy to come back on board to direct the second installment of LOVESWELL, my critically acclaimed and audience loved one person show.

Director Terrie Silverman is an amazing artist, storyteller, teacher and director. Writing, play writing, performance art, she is an extremely dedicated visionary who works intimately and intricately to bring out every pearl of a story. She's able to bring humor and see the big picture as a director, always putting the show first, the journey of the audience. I so look forward to working together again. You can find out more about Terrie and what she does at http://www.creativerites.com/

This time Loveswell will be put up in Hollywood and we are currently looking for just the right theatre in which to do this. And we are looking at putting the show up sometime toward the end of March 2009. So lots of fun work to do.

Again Loveswell will dedicate all earnings and work to raise awareness for charitable causes. Last time we raised awareness to thousands of people for The Surfrider Foundation and The Roy and Patricia Disney Cancer Center in Burbank, California.

Again I look forward to working with The Surfrider Foundation. They work so hard not just for surfers and the waves, but for all our beaches around the world and the health of our oceans and everyone who loves the ocean.

The second charity I'll be teaming up with hasn't been decided yet, but I'll let you know as we'll make an announcement as the show gets closer.

Loveswell was a great success with over 400 people coming to enjoy the show during it's run. The greatest thing was that it truly sparked conversation about what relationships are all about, what it takes to maintain one, and what people would put up with, not put up with, and how they deal with each other. That was my greatest satisfaction.

What will you say? I can't wait to hear what you will say when you see Loveswell. Here I'll be posting reviews, quotes, and conversations about Loveswell and the run. So come to the show, support a great cause and let's hear what you have to say.

Loveswell is about man's view of how to make his relationship work through all the ups and downs of marriage as seen through the eyes of a surfer. It's hilariously, nakedly, honest. Is that a word, nakedly - it is now. If you've ever been in a relationship and who hasn't then you'll love the show.

It's exciting for me and scary at the same time, just as it was the first run, just as it was the first day I sat down to write, Loveswell, just as it was walking into Terrie's workshop for the first time, as it was calling Terrie and announcing my intentions. But a year and a half after that phone call I was on stage in a critically acclaimed show that I had written and in which I was starring. So I set out tonight on this journey again, knowing that if there is a degree of fear I'm heading in the right direction.

Find out more at http://www.loveswell.com/ and the site is constantly being updated so hang in there if the info reflects the first run.

Best John

No comments: